Tuesday

Jamaica No problem mon

I don't think this blog would truly be Jamaican without the infamous Jamaica slang? I don't know who coined the slang or when it was coined, however I do know the shirts that it used to be printed on.

The slang was simply "Jamaica no problem"..I guess in an attempt to mimic the Caribbean accent the "mon" was added, and I am not sure if this is an insult to our accent.  The Caribbean folks I know don't say "mon" they say "man". What are your thoughts?

There is one image of a girl in  a wet t-shirt that I think said Jamaica no problem, but I'm not sure this is what gave the slang popularity.

Anyways I do support the sentiment, with the exception that you have to have money to live in the island and be o.k.

I think Tony Rebel's song says it best.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Only in Jamaica

Only in Jamaica will the following things happen. You will ask a man where he is from and he will say town, and it will be understood that h...