Sunday

Jamaican words

Apart from the curse words there are a few words that I beleive is totally Jamaican

Here are a few,  le tme know if you think I should add a few more.

Kata: the piece of material places on your head to balance a weight.


I overheard two old women speaking recently and they wer etalking about taking a path. The other was criticising the time the other took to bathe. Her response was 
I don't pala pala, I bathe properly. The meaning can be derived from what was said, but i will list it any way.

Pala pala:  adjective used to describe  something improperly, or lackadaisically 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...