Tuesday

Jamaican Advertisment

Now, this is one that needs a whole lot of support. There were and I know there are still some real good advertisements on tv. Please take the time to list them here. I will do my best to source what I can from youtube.


There was the dragon commercial I used to see as a child that till this day has stuck with me. If you know where this commercial is hosted you could post the link below.

It went a liile somerhing like this...

speaker one:  "ah who dat ah come tru deh suh?!

speaker 2:  Nuh Miss Cathy big dawta

speaker one: to who

speaker 2: Nuh Mass Clayton she bring tings fah

speaker one: But ah nuh lunch time yet, an she nah carry nuh shet pan

speaker 2: Massa, wah she bring nuh come in a shet pan. She bring the appetizer

speaker one: di wah

speaker 2 Appetizer. And yuh si when Clayton done dat, look how him ago chop banana quick and brisk till him lunch come

speaker one: Den ah who bring dat?

speaker 2: Nuh Miss Hilda. Now dat come in a shet pan, and afta lunch she gi him the dessert

speaker one: Wah dat?

speaker 2: Same ting Miss Cathy big dawta bring fi him

speaker one; Seh wah...inna dis yah sun hat, dat deh man deh muss a drink dragon

speaker 2: Den nuh dat dem did bring fi him...what else you did think

This to me was a classic one. If only I could get the video it would be appreciated.

Maybe you can't find the video for youe ad as a child but you remember the lyrics like I did, you can post it  her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...