Friday

Jamaican Secret recipes


 If you have not figured out by now, I'm from the era that there were no smart phones. As a child I used to visit my Grandmother is the rural St Mary. ( I make mention of the beginning of my life in the blog post about the (Testimony of one Jamaican).

Grandmother would love to cook and bake and she had a drawer in the buffet with her special recipes. 

Mind you as a child when I looked at these recipes it just looked like a bunch of wrinkled paper. However later I came to find out that these wee actually grandma's secret recipes.

I ran across some of her recipes and decided that I would share.

Just in case you're wondering Grandma is long dead, but I guess by me putting up her recipes, her cooking style will live on

_____________________________________________________________________________

Grandma's Christmas Cake

1 pound Margarine

1 pound dark sugar

4 eggs

1/2  tsp vanilla

4 tsp baking powder

6 cups flour

1 / 1/2 tsp mixed spice

8 tablespoon browning

3-5 cups red wine

1 pound mixed fruit blended

________________________________________________________________________

Grandma's Banana bread

3- Ripe bananas

1/2 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 1/2/ cups flour

1tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped nts

1/2 cup raisons

_________________________________________________________________________

Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 Cup- Flour

3/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/4 cup sugar

1 - egg

1 tsp- vanilla

2 1/2 cup Oats

1 cup - butter


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...