Sunday

Chocolate tea in Jamaica

 

I was watching a program on how chocolate is made and I was surprised that the tree that I grew up knowing as the cocoa tree is actually the cacao tree.


To add to the confusion, this tree is the source of cocoa used to make a variety of drinks and snacks.

I was like what is the point of having the spelling so close?



On another totally related topic I remember waking up to the smell of the cocoa tea, which grand ma took all day to make.

First she picked the ripest of the cocoas she found

then she would dry the seeds

The then roasted the seeds

Then she crushed them

she used to knead them together to use later for tea. 

Do you remember how it is made? Did I miss anything..let me know in the comments section below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...