Sunday

The Jamaican Environment

 


There is a tendency to highlight the worst when talking about a country's environmnet. Hopefully I  can get some people to highlight the gold old things about this country.

I'm talking about the economic climate. Although the scenario is the same for this. I'm not talking about the work ethic of the people nor am I talking about the genral climate of the island. 

When I say environment here, I'm talking about the general culture of the people. The usual tendencies.

Here is your chance to say what you think is good about the island.

If you rely on the news only you get, such a glum sorry story is usally presented; and it is the case that no where on Earth is all bad.

There is a little gem which goes...

                                                There is so much good in the worst of us 

                                                And so much bad in the best of us

                                                That it little becomes any of us

                                                To speak ill of the rest of us.


Usually when I think of the Jamaican environment I think of downtown Kingston. But is downtown kingston really a good representation of the island?

Usually in the local news they highlight the tourist areas as the best spots. Is that truly the case though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...