Friday

When do you stop being Jamaican?

 




O.k. so I had a friend of mine, he was born in Jamaica and spent 25 years of his life in America. I was so surprised when I heard this man call himself Jamaican. I could not believe it.

Then I brought the question to a youth group and there was a person who said he has Jamaican parents, but he was born in the US, but he still considers himself Jamaican.

Then another person said his mother is from Haiti his dad from the U.S. but he was born in Jamaica, although he is now living in the states, he considers himself Jamaican.

I'm like whoa!

Are any of these people right to call themselves Jamaican?

When does a person cease being Jamaican? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A poem about Jamaica

 Jamaica land we love so dear     A beauty that needs no veneer    From mountains high to beaches wide   A place where life is satisfied  Th...