Tuesday

Do Jamaican men talk faster than their women?

 


Ok, so I have scoured the internet, and the information I have found supports my bias.

I found that women use approximately 3 times as many words as an average man would use in a given day. BBC

However, does speaking more words translate to speaking faster?

I believe so. Mathematically speaking if I travel 7 miles in 24 minutes, and you travel 21 miles in the same 24 minutes. No doubt you would have to be traveling faster than I am in order to cover that much distance in the same 24 minutes.

The article I read, source highlighted above, said that women only used more words, and it was not an indicator of the speed of their speech.

I don't believe there is an argument there, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A poem about Jamaica

 Jamaica land we love so dear     A beauty that needs no veneer    From mountains high to beaches wide   A place where life is satisfied  Th...