Tuesday

Jamaican in other Caribbean countries

So I went to Antigua recently and I was surprised to find selling on the streets a Jamaican higgler (vendor). She recognized my accent and begged me to buy something from her.

I was most surprised to find that Jamaicans go to other Caribbean countries to do the same things that they could have done at home in Jamaica. Maybe it was the currency that caused her to move there, after all one Eastern Caribbean dollar is the same as one US dollar.

Why do you thing a person would move to another Caribbean country when the culture is the basically same all throughout the Caribbean?




No comments:

Post a Comment

The 6 secrets to the Jamaican Way of Life

It is not uncommon to hear about dementia and cancer in the states. As a matter f fat it almost seems like a given after you get to a certai...