When I was a child, I had big dreams. I wanted to be great. I envisioned reaching the absolute top of my craft, being the best version of myself, and making tons of money. To my younger self, success had a clear definition: fame, financial abundance, and high status.
Then life happened.
As time moved on and the realities of my situation sank in, those childhood ambitions started to feel distant. Eventually, I learned to settle into a modest, ordinary job—one that simply paid the bills and ensured my family was provided for. For a long time, a quiet voice in the back of my mind told me I had fallen short. I wasn't particularly proud of my journey, feeling as though I had traded my potential for mere survival.
The Shift in Perspective
It wasn't until I stopped looking at where I thought I should be and started looking at where I actually was that everything changed.
I began to reflect on the trail I had left behind:
The Creative Marks: The poems written in quiet moments, the books, and the songs crafted from the heart.
The Human Connection: The people I helped along the way—whether physically lending a hand, offering financial support when someone was down on their luck, or just being present in whatever way I could.
When I measured my life by the lives I touched rather than the bank account I built, the picture transformed completely. I realized my life was not a waste after all. Greatness wasn't about titles or wealth; it was about impact.
Finding Meaning When You Feel Stuck
If you are currently struggling to find value in your life or feel like your journey hasn't turned out the way you planned, I guarantee you this: meaning is created, not found.
You don't need a grand platform to make a profound difference. If you feel lost, find a charity, a community cause, or a neighbor in need and offer your time, skills, or support. Extending yourself to help others has a funny way of anchoring your own sense of purpose. When you uplift someone else, your own life instantly becomes richer.
Now I’d love to hear from you:
Have you ever had to redefine what success or "greatness" means in your own life? What is one small way you've helped someone else that gave your journey deeper meaning?
Please share your story in the comments below—your words might be the exact encouragement someone else needs to read today!
No comments:
Post a Comment