Friday

Meeting places in Jamaica


 When I was a child you could travel to halfway tree to go to Skateland. This was the place to be. 

The concept was similar to the modern-day Galaxy Skating Ring. I think this concept is disappearing from the landscape worldwide though.

Kids love to hang out at Sovereign Shopping Center, Maybe it was because of the club that was on the premises.

I have not been to the island in a while. Are these places still standing? If not what has taken their places?

I only know about Kingston, because that is where I grew up, however what about the other parishes?

Help me talk about those other places where people would congregate.

I have written a book, soon to be posted on Amazon that highlights living in the country during the late 1970's, and 80's. Please support and let me know your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...