Wednesday

Games I Play at church in Jamaica


I grew up with church mainly catering to the adults, but every now and then there was a day or two that catered to the young people of the church.


Usually, this was done through interactive games. Nowadays there is no shortage of the type of games we can bring into the church for the young people.


The instructions for these will be forthcoming once I have them.


A popular one is Roblox.

I have no idea how this is played, but I understand that the young people are on it all the time.


Another one is Kahoot

First introduced to me as a game to help students be interactive in class, now you can make a kahoot about anything and get young people excited about any topic that you are presenting, even religious ones.

Jeopardy

There is the traditional jeopardy game. This has become a favorite of mine as I use it to engage old and young alike in bible games.


Family feud

I believe this is my favorite of all the games. It is easy to set up and play.


Sword in hand

Surely no list of bible games can be mentioned without mentioning sword in hand. It was what made the gruelling afternoon hours of church worthwhile.

Another one is Quizlet

Although I have never used it, I hear there is a way to use Quizlet for group study. I'm not sure how this works but I would love to hear from you as to how to use this.

If you have used any other in church, please don't hesitate to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do Jamaicans stay so slim?

 Except you have a hormone imbalance it is is actually quite easy to stay slim as a Jamaican. You stay drenched in the heat of the sun, cons...